Giving Back to the Land You Love
Your gift will help Kestrel Land Trust conserve and care for forests, farms, and riverways in the Pioneer Valley and nurture an enduring love of the land. Your tax-deductible gift goes further when Kestrel leverages it by a factor of 10 with local, state, and federal funds. In 2015, for example, Kestrel leveraged more than $3 million in public and private funding to protect 943 acres on the Mount Holyoke Range in perpetuity. Donate today to protect the Valley you love!
Will your employer match your gift? If your company matches employees’ charitable gifts, complete a gift match form for your donation and double your impact on land conservation.
• Give online. Use your credit/debit card or PayPal account to donate on our secure giving page. A receipt will be generated automatically and delivered to you by email. To give online, click here.
• Mail a check. Please mail your gift to: Kestrel Land Trust, PO Box 1016, Amherst MA 01004.
• Give securities. Donating stocks that have appreciated since you purchased them may result in a tax savings. Kestrel receives gifts of securities through our account at the Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts; the foundation’s transfer instructions are found here. To ensure that you are credited accurately for your gift, please email Monica Green at email@example.com before you make a transfer.
• Give by wire transfer. If you would like to make a gift by wire transfer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
• Give from your IRA. If you are 70 1/2 or older, you may request that your IRA plan administrator transfer a specific dollar amount (up to $100,000) directly from your account to Kestrel Land Trust. Such a gift will count towards your required minimum distribution for 2016, and can be excluded from your federal gross income resulting in possible tax savings. Please notify us if you are making a gift from your IRA; see below for contact information.
• Consider a legacy gift. Planned gifts, many of which offer tax benefits to the donor, are an inspiring way to support land conservation in the Valley and, simultaneously, provide for your own and your family’s financial security. Please click here for more information about planned giving opportunities.
Thank you for your generous support of land conservation! Please contact Monica Green, Development Director, email@example.com, for more information about any of these giving options.
Kestrel Land Trust Charitable Gift Contact Information
Telephone: 413-549-1097 Fax: 413-549-2700 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailing address: PO Box 1016, Amherst MA 01004
Federal Identification Number: 04-6243236
Kestrel Land Trust is an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent provided by law. Thank you for your contribution.
The information provided here about charitable giving should not be construed as financial, tax or legal advice. Before making your charitable gift, please consult as needed with your financial, legal and other advisors.
How Expensive Is Land Conservation?
Here is a ballpark estimate of how much it costs to protect one acre in the Valley:
1 acre of easily developable farmland: $20,000
1 acre of developable forestland: $5,000
1 acre of backland (no road frontage): $1,000
1 acre of wetland: $500
Thank you for your contribution.