Help Conserve the Valley You Love
Your gift to Kestrel Land Trust supports land conservation in 19 towns in the Connecticut River Valley. You are helping to conserve the woodlands, wetlands, farmland, and wildlands that make up the landscape we love. And, your tax-deductible gift goes further when Kestrel leverages it by a factor of 10 in local, state, and federal funds. Through 2014, Kestrel has leveraged more than $1.6 million in public and private funding to protect 699 acres in perpetuity. Make your gift today to help protect the Valley you love!
Will your employer match your gift? If your company matches employees’ charitable gifts, complete a gift match form for your donation. Your gift will have double the impact on land conservation.
WAYS TO GIVE
1. Give online. The most convenient and efficient way to support Kestrel Land Trust is to donate online using our secure giving page. You may make an online gift at any hour of any day using your credit or debit card or your PayPal account. A receipt will be generated automatically and delivered to you by email. To give online, click here.
2. Mail a check. Please mail your tax-deductible gift to: Kestrel Land Trust, PO Box 1016, Amherst MA 01004.
3. Give securities. Donating stocks that have appreciated since you purchased them may result in a tax savings. To ensure that you are credited accurately for your gift, please email email@example.com before you make a transfer. Kestrel receives gifts of securities through our account at the Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts; the Foundation’s transfer instructions are found here.
4. Give from your IRA. If you are 70 1/2 or older, you may make a tax-free gift directly from your traditional or Roth IRA. The charitable IRA rollover was recently reinstated but only until December 31, 2014. Charitable gifts of up to $100,000 count toward your IRA’s required minimum distribution for 2014, and should lower your taxable income. Instruct your plan administrator to send a specific dollar amount directly to Kestrel Land Trust. This transaction must be completed by December 31. Please notify firstname.lastname@example.org if you are making a gift from your IRA.
5. Give by wire transfer. If you wish to make a gift by wire transfer, please email email@example.com for instructions.
6. Consider a legacy gift. Planned gifts, many of which offer tax benefits to the donor, are an inspiring way to support land conservation in the Valley and, simultaneously, provide for your own and your family’s financial security. Please click here for more information about planned giving opportunities.
Thank you for your generous support of land conservation! Please contact Monica Green, Development Director, if you have any questions.
Kestrel Land Trust Charitable Gift Contact Information
Telephone: 413-549-1097 Fax: 413-549-2700
Mailing address: PO Box 1016, Amherst MA 01004
Federal Identification Number: 04-6243236
Kestrel Land Trust is an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent provided by law.
The information provided here about charitable giving should not be construed as financial, tax or legal advice. Before making your charitable gift, please consult as needed with your financial, legal and other advisors.
How Expensive Is Land Conservation?
Here is a ballpark estimate of how much it costs to protect one acre in the Valley:
1 acre of easily developable farmland: $20,000
1 acre of developable forestland: $5,000
1 acre of backland (no road frontage): $1,000
1 acre of wetland: $500
Thank you for your contribution.